1/1 Photo of Yukon Gold Gratin With Chilies, Cilantro and Cheese
1 hr 30 mins
Southwestern flavors and Monterey Jack cheese come together in this rich, creamy gratin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large poblano chiles
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 1/2 lbs medium yukon gold potatoes (peeled, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices) or 3 1/2 lbs russet potatoes (peeled, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices)
- 3/4 cup cilantro (coarsely chopped fresh cilantro)
- 2 cups chicken broth (canned low-salt)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso anejo or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- additional chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Char chilies over gas flames or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- 3Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and chop chilies.
- 4Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle garlic over bottom of dish.
- 6Arrange 1/4 of potatoes in dish.
- 7Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then with 1/3 of chilies and 1/3 of cilantro.
- 8Repeat layering of potatoes, chilies and cilantro 2 more times, seasoning potatoes with salt and pepper.
- 9Top with potatoes.
- 10Pour broth over, then cream.
- 11Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 12Tent dish with foil.
- 13Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 15Sprinkle cheeses over potatoes.
- 16Bake until liquid thickens, about 15 minutes.
- 17Cool slightly.
- 18Sprinkle with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yukon Gold Gratin With Chilies, Cilantro and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 266.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: