Yukon Gold and Melted Leek Gratin
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat until just foaming. Reduce heat to low and saute leeks until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- In a large gratin dish, alternate layers of potatoes, leeks, and cheese, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Finish with a final sprinkling of cheese. Pour the cream over top and cover lightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbling and brown on top. Let cool slightly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>