Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Virginia Hospitality Cookbook.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 3⁄4 pint cream
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Add flour, seasonings and milk.
- Stir constantly unti thick.
- Add crabmeat and stir.
- When ready to serve, add heated cream and sherry.
I love crab soup and was practically addicted to it when I lived in coastal Virginia. This is a wonderful recipe and takes me back... Thanks!
I am making this for the second time; forgot to let everybody know how delicious and easy it is to make. We love it; I used half and half and it was plenty rich. My DH is a native Virginian, and this suited him just right! Thanks for a keeper.
Hubby loved this! You have to be my fav recipezaar chef! Hubby loves your virginian style of cooking - reminds him of home in hanover county! I know I will never go wrong with your recipes!