Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Meal in a dish. What more can I say?
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Brown meat with onion.
- Drain grease, except 1 tablespoon.
- Add 2 tablespoon flour, stir in well.
- Add liquid.
- Cook until thick.
- Add vegetables, salt and pepper.
- (Sometimes I stop here and serve.) Melt butter in 2 quart casserole.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl.
- Add milk, blend well.
- Add flour and salt, beat until batter is smooth.
- Pour into dish.
- Spoon meat mixture into center of batter to within 1 inch of edge.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 30 minutes or until puffed and browned.
Absolutely delicious. I used chopped up steak rather than ground beef, and it was really lovely. Thanks for a hearty winter dinner.