Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The amount of Ritz crackers to use is one sleeve, but the Recipezaar brain doesn't understand that measurement. It comes out to about a cup when I crush them up using my Cuisinart.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place squash and onion in a large pot. Add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the squash is no longer white and hard in the center - this usually takes about 10 minutes, but could take longer if your squash slices are very thick. Drain the squash well.
- While squash is cooking, put butter, Velveeta and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl loosely with waxed paper and microwave on high, stopping to stir mixture every 30 seconds or so.
- When butter and velveeta are melted, remove bowl from microwave.
- Mix together well-drained squash, cheese mixture, shrimp, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Ritz cracker crumbs, and add Tabasco to taste.
- You may top with breadcrumbs or additional cracker crumbs if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I used shredded cheddar cheese instead of velveeta, but followed the same steps. It was delicious. Definitely a fresh new way to prepare yellow squash. Thanks!