1/1 Photo of Yellow Squash Casserole
Becky H's Note:
I make this alot during the summer when the squash is fresh. One of our favorite casseroles in the summertime.
My Private Note
9x13 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Pour in a small amount of water.
- 4Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- 6In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese.
- 7Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions.
- 8In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture.
- 9Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 12Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 875.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g