Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's more of a layered veggie bake that my dad made up years ago. Very tasty and the smell is wonderful as it cooks. It is still one of the only way I'll eat squash. It would also be a nice vegetarian dish if you left out the bacon.
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 slices raw bacon
- garlic powder
- Put a layer of potatoes on the bottom of a greased casserole pan.
- Layer with squash, onions, tomato then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.to taste.
- Cut bacon into cubes scatter 1/2 on top.
- Repeat steps to form a second layer ending with bacon.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.