Recipe by Sydney Mike
There are a number of similar recipes here, but this one, I feel, really features the potato ingredient! The original of the recipe was found in the Nov 2003 cookbooklet Crisco Best Recipes -- Year-Round Holiday Magic.
Top Review by VeggieCook98
BEST POTATO SALAD EVER!!! :D Oh my gosh. I used dill pickle relish because thats all I had, and I added a pinch of sugar, but other then that, I made it exactly as directed. This is going straight into my Best of 2012 cookbook!! Thanks!! :D
- 680.38 g sweet potatoes, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise & cut crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces (or yams)
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml sweet pickle relish
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, steam prepared yams 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, then remove from steamer.
- When cool enough to handle, peel yams (if desired; I don't), then place in a large salad bowl.
- While yams cool, combine vinegar, pickle relish, mustard, salt & pepper in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, & shake well.
- Add vegetable oil & shake again, before pouring over yams & tossing them to coat.
- Add green onions & red pepper & either serve at room temperature or chilled.