Recipe by Stacky5
Chicken is marinated in a soy sauce, sake and ginger sauce, then threaded onto skewers and broiled with leeks for an easy, tasty and fun meal. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by Little Bee
These are fantastic! My Sis and I used to make these all the time when we were growing up(minus the Sake) and it was one of the first things I learned to cook. Easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup sake
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 leeks, white part only, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium dish, mix together the sake, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Add chicken, and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Grease six metal skewers, and thread alternately with 3 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of leek.
- Place on a baking sheet or broiling pan, and brush with the marinade.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, baste again, then broil for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Discard remaining marinade.