Recipe by teresas
This is out of the Weight Watcher "Take-Out-Tonight" cookbook. It was marked in my cookbook as make again by DH. It has only 2 points. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made these tasty shrimp tonight for dinner. I really liked the marinade and the shrimp and veggies were nice and flavorful. Had to cook them on my indoor/outdoor grill -- no skewers just grilled them loose. I made the tomatillo pico de gallo style (as per recipe) to go with the shrimp and I served it on the side. I think next time I would prefer serving the shrimp with the tomatillo salsa pureed in the blender vs. the pico de gallo style. Still very good and tasty.
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterfiled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium fresh tomatillo, chopped (remove papery husk and rinse before chopping)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To marinate the shrimp and vegetables, combine the scallion, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, 2 tbls of the lime juice, garlic, chipotles, oil, oregano, sugar, and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a large zip-close plastic bag; add the shrimp, bell pepper, and onion wedges.
- Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the shrimp and vegetables.
- Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- To make the salsa, combine the tomatillos, tomatoes, chopped onion, and the remaining 2 tbls cilantro, 2 tbls lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Spray the grill or broiler rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Remove the shrimp and vegetables from the marinade; discard the marinade.
- Thread the shrimp, bell pepper and onion onto 4 (12 inch) metal skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Grill or broil the kebabs 5 inches from the heat until the vegetables are tender and the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the salsa.