1/1 Photo of Ww Spicy Shrimp Kebabs With Tomatillo Salsa
This is out of the Weight Watcher "Take-Out-Tonight" cookbook. It was marked in my cookbook as make again by DH. It has only 2 points. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterfiled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium fresh tomatillo, chopped (remove papery husk and rinse before chopping)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1To marinate the shrimp and vegetables, combine the scallion, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, 2 tbls of the lime juice, garlic, chipotles, oil, oregano, sugar, and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a large zip-close plastic bag; add the shrimp, bell pepper, and onion wedges.
- 2Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the shrimp and vegetables.
- 3Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 4To make the salsa, combine the tomatillos, tomatoes, chopped onion, and the remaining 2 tbls cilantro, 2 tbls lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 5Spray the grill or broiler rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill or preheat the broiler.
- 6Remove the shrimp and vegetables from the marinade; discard the marinade.
- 7Thread the shrimp, bell pepper and onion onto 4 (12 inch) metal skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- 8Grill or broil the kebabs 5 inches from the heat until the vegetables are tender and the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 9Serve with the salsa.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Spicy Shrimp Kebabs With Tomatillo Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 466.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo