Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious dish out of the Weight Watchers cookbook called "Cook it Quick". Try this recipe and see whether you don't agree that a small amount of butter is the perfect carrier for herbs.
- 6 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- 1 garlic clove, bruised and peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the linguine according to package diretions.
- Drain and put in a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small nonstick skillet.
- Add the parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and cook until the herbs wilt.
- Discard the garlic.
- Pour the herbed butter over the linguine and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent side for tonight's baked chicken breasts with a light fruit salad on the side. Lots of flavor to enjoy and quite simple to make up. This should please the whole family. :D
Simple is often the best. I used egg noodles, because those are favorite right now, and the fresh herbs I used were pineapple sage, basil, parsley, and dill. It was quite wonderful. I used the same herbs in the green salad. A great sidedish with roasted pork loin.
What a great, quick and easy side dish! I used angel hair pasta and light butter, and had to used dried thyme. Really loved the aroma of the fresh herbs and the wonderful fresh taste. Thanks for sharing your recipe!