This is a delicious dish out of the Weight Watchers cookbook called "Cook it Quick". Try this recipe and see whether you don't agree that a small amount of butter is the perfect carrier for herbs.
- Cook the linguine according to package diretions.
- Drain and put in a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small nonstick skillet.
- Add the parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and cook until the herbs wilt.
- Discard the garlic.
- Pour the herbed butter over the linguine and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.