Recipe by Shuzbud
This is my response to craving mexican food but not being able to have the calories. This soup is very filling and low points- 6 1/2 for the whole recipe. You can control the heat of this recipe by the type of salsa you add- I usually use mild. Whatever heat you choose, it should be fresh salsa so the cilantro and other flavours are strong enough. If you really like it hot, add some chillies! I like to chop the ingredients fairly small for this recipe so you get an even flavour balance in every bite.
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
This soup is going to be a lifesaver! DH just started WW recently (think like in the past week) and this is so filling, and it has protein (which is so important for keeping my hunger in check) and it low points. Which is great because I only get 19! :) Thanks so much for posting Shuz! [Made for Holiday tag February 2010]. OK UPDATED to note that while this soup is full of things that are important to Weight Watchers (low points, good for you, very filling etc etc) it really really tastes good too! :)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 354.88 ml fresh salsa (you choose the heat)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 236.59 ml corn, I use frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the chicken breasts for 3 minutes in a skillet with some non-fat cooking spray if needed.
- Add the onions, garlic and bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and add the chicken stock, salsa, chicken stock cube, cayenne, cumin and corn.
- Simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!