Recipe by BakinBaby
filled with fiber; carrots, raisins, delish and only 3 points. I found this at Just Cook Already Blog. I made some changes, cut back on orange zest, added salt and cut back cinnamon. Very Filling.
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk (add lemon juice to milk)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 orange rind (grated) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oats (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- In a medium bowl, combine cereal,flour,cinnamon,sugar,baking soda and powder.
- In a large bowl; combine carrots,raisins, milk,applesauce,margarine and orange rind.
- Add dry ngredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- spoon mixture into 12 sprayed muffins tins, sprinkle with oats.
- bake for 20 minute or until an inserted toothpick comes clean or when tops are firm to touch.