Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
2-point Pumpkin Soup- Made from my original pumpkin Soup Recipe but changed the ingredients to make it W.W. friendly! Still hits the spot. This soup comes out thick so it's very filling!
- 29 ounces Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons water
- 14 ounces 99% fat free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon freshly shredded romano cheese (to garnish)
- In large pot over med. heat cook onions in butter for about 5mins. Then add water so onions dont burn. Continue to cook onions until they are soft.
- Add pumpkin and chicken broth, stir well.
- Add remaining Ingredients except cheese and stir until it's well blended.
- If you like a thinner soup add water or fat free milk (milk will added calories).
- Serve in one cup portions, garnish with romano cheese. This is a nice low calorie cheese that adds wonderful flavor for no points! 1 Tbs. is only 15 calories! 1gm of fat!
This soup was good. I liked the different flavors infused together. Was't sure about the cheese with the soup but it worked. I will make it again(probably for Thanksgiving). Thanks for sharing.
Oh Yes... I just loved this. My garden produced tons of butternut squash, so next time I'm going to try the squash. Thanks for the yummy soup. Maryanne
I'm sorry, but this soup just didn't do it for me. The combination of flavors was very odd and I really did not like it at all.