Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I learned this recipe from my husband's grandmother and my kids beg me for it almost every week.
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large egg whites
- Combine the milk, sugar, and espresso powder in a small sauce pan.
- Heat until the milk is hot but do not to a boiling.
- Place the chocolate in a blender and pour in the hot milk and blend for 10 seconds.
- Add the egg whites and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into 4 small serving dishes and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
The name of this is right on "Wow, that was EASY" and it was surprisinly (sp) creamy and good. I haven't got a mixer over here in Trinidat yet so figured I couldn't make something like this as can't beat egg whites. But I DO have a blender and with this recipe it came together so nicely. A great deep chocolate flavor that I love too. So great to find something like this that taste great, and goes together EASY. Topped with whipped cream, but only made 2 1/2 servings for us, but then that's about perfect. Made for Fall PAC 2012
This is really yummy! It has great, deep flavor, and was so simple. I got three servings, but that is the perfect amount for us! It didn't have the airy quality I associate with mousse, but still, very good! Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012