Amish Sticky Buns, Sweet Rolls--Wow Wow Wow!
These are a 'tried and true' treat here in Amish country. These will be hard to beat in flavor, and will always get rave reviews from those you choose to bless with this dish! ENJOY!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water (approx. 105 degrees)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons Karo syrup
- brown sugar
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tbsp sugar in warm water.
- Scald milk, then add butter, sugar and salt.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add two cups flour.
- Add yeast and eggs.
- Stir in the remainder of the flour and knead lightly.
- Let rise until double.
- While dough is rising, boil all syrup ingredients for two minutes.
- Divide syrup into six 8-inch square pans (or I sometimes use 3- 9x13 pans).
- When dough is doubled, punch down and divide into two parts.
- Roll each part (one at a time) into a 12x18-inch rectangle on a well floured board or table.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up tightly, beginning at the wide side.
- Cut into 1 inch slices, and lay slices on top of the syrup in the pans.
- Repeat with all dough.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more