Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a sauce I made for a group of friends one night.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon savory
- salt and pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 (24 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes or 4 cups chopped fresh roma tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup thin slices bell pepper (yellow or red preferred)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 4 -6 links sweet Italian sausage (browned and sliced.)
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 shaved carrot
- Turn crockpot on high.
- simmer sausage, onions, peppers, celery and carrots in a fry pan until soft add tomatoe paste cook 4 mins on med heat.
- after cooking toss everything into the crock pot.
- let cook on high for 2hrs at least befor serving.
- i cook it on high for 2 hours thin set the pot to low and simmer overnight
- Enjoy with Braciole Spahgetti.
Very nice recipe. I amended it to prepare in my electronic pressure cooker. I didn't change the ingredients much, just reduced the baking soda by 1/2. In order for it to fit in my cooker I had to cut the recipe to 6 servings. It turned out tasty & I enjoyed all the different spices that went into it. Thanks for sharing.