Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food for the winter! 4 servings, 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Sauté onions in the butter in a large soup pot. Add carrots, potatoes, water, salt, parsley, thyme and bay leaf.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
- Puree soup in a blender in small batches or with a stick blender. Return to the pot.
- Stir in milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
As with many recipe that call for potatoes, I didn't peel them but just diced them up after scrubbing them well! Also used just 1/4 teaspoon of salt & added a 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper, along with the other seasonings, & the soup was absolutely wonderful! A great cold weather treat, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
Very good even though it isn't winter. It is flavourful. I did use chicken broth instead of water so decreased the salt a bit. It will definately be at our table again.
The recipe was easy to prepare. I added one minced garlic clove for more flavor and used sea salt. My kids, who normally don't like vegetables, loved this recipe as well. For the parsley, I used dried Italian parsley for more flavor as well.