Comfort food for the winter! 4 servings, 45 min.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onions in the butter in a large soup pot. Add carrots, potatoes, water, salt, parsley, thyme and bay leaf.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
- 3Puree soup in a blender in small batches or with a stick blender. Return to the pot.
- 4Stir in milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Solstice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 728.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g