Recipe by CIndytc
This salad looks fabulous. Would be great for the holidays. Got it out of the new Pillsbury Christmas Recipe Book.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 romaine lettuce, lettace head torn into bite-sized pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, place sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Cover; blend until smooth. With machine running, add oil in slow, steady stream, blending until thick and smooth. Add poppy seed; blend a few seconds to mix.
- In large serving bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together. Pour dressing over the salad; toss salad to coat.