Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad looks fabulous. Would be great for the holidays. Got it out of the new Pillsbury Christmas Recipe Book.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 romaine lettuce, lettace head torn into bite-sized pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, place sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Cover; blend until smooth. With machine running, add oil in slow, steady stream, blending until thick and smooth. Add poppy seed; blend a few seconds to mix.
- In large serving bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together. Pour dressing over the salad; toss salad to coat.
My sister makes this salad for the holidays. It is just fabulous. It is very sweet yet tart from the cranberries and is very refreshing. Give it a try you won't be sorry.