Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of 10 favorite recipes from Taste of Home 2011.
Make and share this Winning Apple Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut in softened butter until crumbly.
- Press half into a greased 2-1/2-quart baking dish or a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Cover with peeled, chopped apples.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and clear.
- Pour over apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 to 65 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
This is a tasty apple crisp, though a bit more work than my regular recipe. I cut the recipe down to two servings but cut the sugar in the filling to half of that and it was still plenty sweet. I thought the topping could have been crunchier by DH like that it melded together with the fruit. This was a nice dessert after having a spicy main dish for dinner and perfect for a cold fall evening. Thanks for sharing, made for PRMRT
This was certainly a winning dessert. I love the two layers. I did plum and apple, frozen from last summer and it was great.