1/3 Photos of Wilted Arugula , Mushroom, Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
This is low in fat with no additional dressing keeping the fat down even more. Arugula has a peppery taste that goes nicely with the creamy cheese and crunchy pears while the mushrooms give it a meaty feel.For added texture add some toasted nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces button mushrooms (Baby Bella`s cut in 1/2)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 8 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1 pear, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- 2Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- 3Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- 4Stir to slightly wilt.
- 5Place into a salad bowl top with diced pears and blue cheese.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7May squeeze some fresh lemon over it!
Browse Our Top Pears Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pears Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilted Arugula , Mushroom, Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 279.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: