Recipe by Rita~
This is low in fat with no additional dressing keeping the fat down even more. Arugula has a peppery taste that goes nicely with the creamy cheese and crunchy pears while the mushrooms give it a meaty feel.For added texture add some toasted nuts.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces button mushrooms (Baby Bella`s cut in 1/2)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 8 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1 pear, diced
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- Stir to slightly wilt.
- Place into a salad bowl top with diced pears and blue cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- May squeeze some fresh lemon over it!