1/5 Photos of Williamsburg Turkey Soup
2 hrs 20 mins
I found this recipe quite a few years ago in a Southern Living Cookbook. It's a good way to use up some of the leftover turkey from the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place turkey carcass and water in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, simmer 1 hour.
- 2Remove carcass and pick off meat. Broth should measure 3 quarts.
- 3Heat butter in Dutch oven; add flour and cook over medium heat stirring constantly 5 minutes.
- 4Stir onion, carrot and celery into roux; cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring often.
- 5Add broth, turkey, rice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Add half and half. Heat through.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Williamsburg Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.9
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 1069.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: