1 hr 10 mins
Denver cook's Note:
Great soup for a cold day. Can be made with ham or chicken. I prefer ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/2 cup wild rice and 2 cups water and cook.
- 2Drain any excess water.
- 3Melt butter in sauce pan.
- 4Saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
- 5Blend flour, gradually add broth.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
- 7Stir in cooked rice and salt.
- 8Add ham or chicken, carrots and almonds, simmer about 5 minute
- 9Blend in half-and-half and sherry.
- 10Heat to serving temperature
- 11Garnish with parsley or chives.
Browse Our Top Native American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 1984.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 25.3 g