Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great soup for a cold day. Can be made with ham or chicken. I prefer ham.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml onion, minced
- 113.39 g mushroom, sliced
- 226.79 g diced ham or 226.79 g chicken
- 59.14 ml flour
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml wild rice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml grated carrot
- 44.37 ml slivered almonds
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- minced parsley or chives
- Combine 1/2 cup wild rice and 2 cups water and cook.
- Drain any excess water.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Blend flour, gradually add broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in cooked rice and salt.
- Add ham or chicken, carrots and almonds, simmer about 5 minute
- Blend in half-and-half and sherry.
- Heat to serving temperature
- Garnish with parsley or chives.