Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I had something similar to this at a Bunco group and it is oh, so tasty! I searched and searched for the recipe and finally found this one somewhere on the Internet (I think). It is not for the diet conscious.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 cup canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (1 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 2 cups water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rice and broth in casserole dish.
- Bake, covered for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- (This should make about 3 c. of rice).
- Fry bacon until crisp in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Drain off most of the grease and saute onion in rest of grease.
- Add half& half, mushrooms, potato soups, cooked rice, cheese and the 2 cups of water.
- Heat thoroughly over low heat until hot.
- It freezes well!