1 hr 10 mins
Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
This comes from Nathalie Dupree's Great Meals for Busy Days and very easy to make plus wonderful to the palate. Enjoy.......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups vegetables or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1Bring stock to a boil, add rice and cook, covered, for about 45 minutes or until grains split.
- 2(Rice can be drained and refrigerated for up to 2 days).
- 3Whisk together all dressing ingredients except oils.
- 4Add oils last; whisk vigorously until the mixture emulsifies.
- 5(Store dressing 3 - 4 days in fridge).
- 6Toast nuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat, taking care not to scorch them.
- 7Cool, then roughly chop.
- 8A few hours before serving, toss everything together in a large bowl with just enough dressing to lightly coat.
- 9Taste and season.
- 10P.S. the recipe called for 1/4 cup olive oil but we found that too much.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Salad With Dried Fruits and Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 331.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: