Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This comes from Nathalie Dupree's Great Meals for Busy Days and very easy to make plus wonderful to the palate. Enjoy.......
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups vegetables or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring stock to a boil, add rice and cook, covered, for about 45 minutes or until grains split.
- (Rice can be drained and refrigerated for up to 2 days).
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients except oils.
- Add oils last; whisk vigorously until the mixture emulsifies.
- (Store dressing 3 - 4 days in fridge).
- Toast nuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat, taking care not to scorch them.
- Cool, then roughly chop.
- A few hours before serving, toss everything together in a large bowl with just enough dressing to lightly coat.
- Taste and season.
- P.S. the recipe called for 1/4 cup olive oil but we found that too much.