Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and tasty rice and chicken dish for that leftover chicken or turkey. There is never any leftovers.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, wine, and curry.
- Stir in chicken and cooked rice.
- Turn into a 2 quart casserole or a 12x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
This was a very good chicken and rice casserole -- even though I forgot to add the curry. The wine lends a nice flavor. I also added water chestnuts -- I love the crunch they give to a casserole. Next time I may also add chopped fresh mushrooms to saute with the onion and celery. And I will remember the curry! This was a great casserole!
We loved this recipe..I did not have the wine so used water..I do not know if I changed the flavor if I did we still liked it. Thank You for yet another recipe we will make over and over. We love the curry.
YUMMY! I didn't use curry bc I don't like it, substituted Golden Mushroom for plain mushroom soup, used shredded chicken. I think it would be good with some cheese too. Very much a comfort food!