Recipe by chia
makes an elegant side dish to any dinner party
Top Review by Don & Madonna Lyn Wood
Great recipe! My husband made it for my birthday dinner. He said it was easy to make. He made it with frozen spinach instead of fresh. I'm sure it is better with fresh spinach but I'm not sure how it could be. We will make this recipe over and over again.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 package spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425.
- cook rice according to pkge directions, using beef broth as part of the liquid melt butter in skillet, add mushrooms, saute until browned.
- add spinach, cook until wilted, add cream cheese until melted.
- add rice mixture, stir.
- transfer mixture to 8 small baking dishes, top with swiss cheese.
- bake 40 minutes until browned.