- 3 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 lb sausage, seasoned
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup buttered bread crumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage until brown and drain off grease.
- Sauté mushrooms, celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly and keep stirring until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, rice and sausage to mushroom sauce and place mixture in a greased casserole dish.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.