Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great Combination. Really tasty.
- 1 lb boneless pork cutlet, ½ to ¾ inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces,about 1 cup
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and juice reserved
- orange juice, as needed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- Bring water, rice.
- 1½ tsp curry powder and 1 tsp salt to a boil in large skillet over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove to bowl and keep warm.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork cutlets with remaining ¼ tsp salt and the pepper.
- Add to skillet; sauté 4 minutes per sides or until golden.
- Remove to bowl with rice.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add green onions and remaining 1½ tsp curry powder; sauté 4 minutes until onion is limp.
- Set drained orange sections aside.
- Add enough orange juice to reserved Mandarin orange liquid to equal 1 cup.
- Whisk juice mixture and cornstarch in small bowl until well blended.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil, cook stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes or until clear and thickened.
- Add peas and raisins to skillet.
- Return to boiling and cook for 4 minutes.
- Return pork and rice to skillet with orange sections.
- Heat through.