Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a mushroom soup recipe that I found on the internet and changed to suit my tastes. The amount of wine needed will depend on the type of white wine you use and your individual tastes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 10 roma tomatoes, peeled,seeded then chopped
- 1 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed removed,sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh button mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 packages Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large stock pan.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms and saute 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 3 minutes.
- Add stock and herbs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add wine, beginning with one cup and tasting.
- Add additional 1/2 cup wine if needed.
- Simmer 20 minutes.