Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Courtesy of The Lighthouse Keeper's Cookbook of Maine.
- 1182.95 ml wild maine blueberries
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml grated lemon rind
- 236.59 ml diced peeled apple
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml white flour
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 44.37 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Filling: In a small bowl, combine the Wild Blueberries, sugar, lemon rind, and apples.
- Mix well and place in a well buttered 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan.
- Crisp: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, pecans, oats, salt, and rub in the butter with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread evenly over the Wild Blueberry filling.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the crust is brown.
My dh was in crisp heaven. He loves wild blueberries. The topping was delish, crisp and flavorful. I made without the pecans, dh is allergic. Thanks for sharing your recipe Julie B's Hive.
There is nothing better than Maine blueberries and that's what I used. This crisp had a great oat topping and the berries were just sweet enough. This is one great dessert!
I didn't have Maine blueberries but I did have some good looking bigger berries that I wanted to use up. This was a GREAT dessert for us! It was just sweet enough without being sicky sweet, which was a big plus in my book, especially because the ice cream we had it with was sweet. We each had a dish with a big scoop of our favorite ice cream on it, and we were happy people! Thanks Julie!