Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
the next casserole recipe,it combine wild rice,chicken and alfredo sauce,it will be happy on your plate.
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup cubed cream cheese
- 1 (1/3 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet,saute carrot and red onion in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp tender;set aside.
- In a large saucepan,bring the water,rice and remaining butter to a boil.Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 25 minutes until the rice are tender.Stir in the chicken,cream cheese,soup,alfredo sauce,parmesan cheese,dijon mustard and carrot/onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.Sprinkle with cheese if desired.Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.