Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy vegetarian recipe that is quick to prepare and very tasty - perfect for a weeknight dinner. Sprinkle the finished product with parmesan cheese. From Canadian Living Magazine. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sweet peppers, thinly sliced (Use a combination of red, yellow and orange)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Fry the peppers, onion, garlic, marjoram, salt, black pepper and hot pepper flakes, stirring often, until saucy and very tender, about 18 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and return to the pot, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Add the pepper mixture and parsley; toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Delicious! I didn't have marjoram or kalamata olives so I substituted basil and spanish olives. I will be making this again soon!