A yummy vegetarian recipe that is quick to prepare and very tasty - perfect for a weeknight dinner. Sprinkle the finished product with parmesan cheese. From Canadian Living Magazine. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sweet peppers, thinly sliced (Use a combination of red, yellow and orange)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Fry the peppers, onion, garlic, marjoram, salt, black pepper and hot pepper flakes, stirring often, until saucy and very tender, about 18 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes, olives and vinegar.
- 4Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes.
- 6Drain and return to the pot, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- 7Add the pepper mixture and parsley; toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten.
- 8Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Pasta With Peppers, Tomatoes and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 229.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g