Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from Shape magazine! I like it because it uses whole wheat flour and offers 4 grams of fiber!
- 2 cups old fashion rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (any combination of raisins, cranberries or chopped dates)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Pre heat over to 325 F
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with foil
- spritz with oil spray & Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, flour, sesame seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl stir together rice syrup, oil, egg and mix together.
- add wet ingredients to dry stirring together.
- mix in dried fruit and almonds.
- spread batter onto the prepared pan.
- evening out batter as much as possible with rubber spatula.
- bake 30 to 345 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch in the center.
- let cool for 10 minutes
- invert on to cutting board and cut into quarters
- cut quarters into 3 bars
- store in an air tight container.
- keeps for several days.
These are great! I added 1/4 cup of Carob powder, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and 1 Tbs. wheat germ; just to mix it up. they're really tasty! Thanks for sharing!!! :)