This recipe came from Shape magazine! I like it because it uses whole wheat flour and offers 4 grams of fiber!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups old fashion rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (any combination of raisins, cranberries or chopped dates)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1Pre heat over to 325 F
- 2Line a 9 inch square baking pan with foil
- 3spritz with oil spray & Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl combine rolled oats, flour, sesame seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 5In another bowl stir together rice syrup, oil, egg and mix together.
- 6add wet ingredients to dry stirring together.
- 7mix in dried fruit and almonds.
- 8spread batter onto the prepared pan.
- 9evening out batter as much as possible with rubber spatula.
- 10bake 30 to 345 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch in the center.
- 11let cool for 10 minutes
- 12invert on to cutting board and cut into quarters
- 13cut quarters into 3 bars
- 14store in an air tight container.
- 15keeps for several days.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Energy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup