Espresso Buzz Energy Bars
Vegan energy bars, great for study sessions!
- Ready In:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan.
- Take half of the oats along with all of the flax and toss them into your food
- processor. Blend into a coarse meal.
- Stir mixture together with the remaining whole oats, salt, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted margarine, brown rice syrup, brown sugar, coffee, and instant coffee together until that the sugar and instant coffee dissolve.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and use a spatula to smooth it down until it evenly fills the pan.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown a bit.
- Cool completely before slicing into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! I substituted margarine for coconut oil. I substituted sugar for coco powder. I substituted the cold coffee for almond milk, because I didn’t have cold coffee. I added 1/4 cup of Anthony’s organic instant coffee. I substituted semi sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips. All of the substitutions I made caused the energy bars not to stick together so well.