1/3 Photos of Whole Grain 'steel-Cut' Oatmeal Cookies
1 hr 20 mins
I just recently started eating Coach's 'steel-cut, cracked and toasted' Oats and it's got me hooked. It's nutty and full of flavor. The original recipe from the package the brown sugar is packed and the table salt is regular salt. Please note that I'm not sure how this will work with regular oatmeal. The number of cookies will depend on the size you make them. Okay, I bought another brand of 'steel-cut' oatmeal to see if there was a difference. There was enough difference in the texture, flavor, cook-time and overall quality (to me) that I recommend you use the Coach's brand for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups coach's 'steel-cut' oats
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cream butter.
- 3Add both sugars, salt, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and half the flour. Beat to combine.
- 4Beat in the remaining flour.
- 5Add oats, pecans and cranraisins.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Grain 'steel-Cut' Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 74.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g