Best Steel Cut Oats Crock Pot Recipe
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 cups hot water (not boiling)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (whole milk works best)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick spray (I use canola).
- Add all ingredients to crock pot (may add raisins and/or cranberries in the morning - depending on texture preference.
- Turn to low setting.
- Cook for 8-9 hours (turn on last thing before bedtime).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am going to be generous here and give this one 2 stars (sorry). I put them on at night before bed and got up EARLY to check them (5 a.m.) and they were way to smushy and overcooked.....IF you like your steel cut oats that way then bless ya.....I prefer mine with more of a "chew". I will pass on this recipe and try something new until I get it perfect.
I make this very frequently. It is my go-to food for Sunday morning breakfast. It is so nice to be able to wake up and dish the oats out in the morning not having to mess with fixing something before church. It works perfectly fine using non-dairy milks like almond, soy or coconut milk. I usually add more cinnamon than usual out of preference. I have also made this using chocolate almond milk, which my kids thought was a special treat. Thanks for the awesome recipe!