Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple soup and can be made in less than 30 minutes. It is very smooth and delightful. I wouldn't suggest making it in advance as the noodles will get soggy. Found this in Sunset Magazin, 01/2007.
- 10 1⁄2 cups organic reduced-sodium chicken broth or 10 1⁄2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 3 cups very thinly sliced kale leaves (stems removed) or 3 cups very thinly sliced spinach leaves (stems removed) or 3 cups very thinly sliced bok choy (stems removed)
- 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta or 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 6 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (not the bottled stuff)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large pot over high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add kale or spinach or bok choy, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook until tender but not soft, 4 to 7 minutes or according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, use a vegetable peeler to shave cheese into strips about 3 inches long and 1/2 inches wide (strips do not need to be exact).
- Just before serving, stir in lemon juice, then divide soup among 6 bowls.
- Top each bowl with cheese and a sprinkling of chile flakes, if you like.