Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried these yet. Cooking time includes putting the dough in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm it up a little before cutting into cookies.
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar, fine grain (Alter-Eco brand, for example)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon Bourbon (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (fine grain)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Puree the pecans in a food processor until they become a fine meal. Don't over-process. If they become a paste, you've gone too far.
- In a bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and bourbon (if using). Mix in the nut meal.
- Slowly add in the flours and salt and mix until a firm dough is formed.
- Place the dough on a piece of plastic wrap and form the dough into a 3/4 inch thick disk. Cover the dough with another piece of plastic wrap and chill 10-15 minutes. this will make it easier to stamp the cookies.
- Cut the dough with 1-inch cookie cutter.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies barely begin to brown.
- Dust cookies with powdered sugar.