Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Haven't made these but the pic supplied looks cute!! And they're also pretty healthy for you.
- 4 Weetabix, crushed
- 158.51 ml rolled oats
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 100 g brown sugar
- 78.07 ml dark chocolate chips
- 158.51 ml dried apricot, diced
- 44.37 ml reduced fat margarine
- 29.58 ml golden syrup
- 4.92 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 59.14 ml boiling water
- Mix together weet-bix, rolled oats, flour, sugar, chocolate and apricots until well combined.
- Place margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda and water together then pour into margarine mixture. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Bake at 160 degrees C for 15-20 minutes. Cool on trays before serving.
- If you prefer your cookies chewy, cook them for 15 minutes. For crunchier cookies, leave them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Delicious! I've ate 4 already! Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside - Mmmmm! I omitted the apricots and doubled the choc.chips. These turn out to be chocolate cookies, because when you add the boiling water mixture, it melts all the choc.chips as you mix up the dough. I'd suggest to cool it before adding, if you want chocolate CHIP cookies. Delish!