Giant Candy Corn Cookies
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 31mins
- Prepare cookie dough according to package directions for rolled cookies.
- Divide dough into thirds. Tint one third yellow and one third orange with food coloring. Tint remaining third brown by mixing in cocoa and 2 drops red food coloring.
- Chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- To make cookies, pull off about 1/4 of each color dough and roll into a 1/2-inch thick rope. On a sheet of waxed paper, lay ropes horizontally next to each other, with orange in the middle. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll ropes out until dough is 3-inches wide. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Trim edges. Cut into triangles (like this:VVVVVV).
- Arrange cookies 1-inch apart on greased baking sheets (I use parchment paper instead of greasing).
- Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes, or until edges just begin to turn golden.
- Cool 1 minute on sheets. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have a similar recipe - 1 Cup all-purpose flour 2 pkg. (18oz each) refrigerated cookie dough 2 tsp. cocoa powder red and yellow food coloring Make slightly less orange when you make the three colors of dough (there is always too much!) Heat over to 350F. Using a mixer, work flour into dough. Divide into 3 balls. Tint one ball yellow, one orange, and one with 2 t. cocoa powder. Divide each ball of dough into 4 pieces, roll each piece into a 6" long rope. On a sheet of wax paper, lay out 3 ropes (one of each color) next to each other, orange in the middle. Cover with another sheet of wax paper, trim edges, and cut into trianges. Place on baking sheets at least 1" apart, and bake 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks and cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Made about 38 cookies for me!