My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 potatoes
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup plain soymilk (or just use more yogurt)
- 4 slices fakin' bakin (a soy-based bacon substitute)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- to taste canola oil
- to taste paprika, salt & pepper
- 1Boil or microwave the potatoes till nearly done. When cool enough, remove the skins. Fry the sliced onions in a little oil till soft. Add the chopped cabbage, the chopped cauliflower, and 6 cloves of the crushed garlic, and fry till the cabbage and cauliflower are just tender.
- 2Melt the cream cheese, and add to it the soy milk, yogurt and dill.
- 3Mix together, and add to the vegetable mixture. Drain and rinse the white beans, and add to the vegetable mixture. mix thoroughly, and add salt & pepper to taste. Slice the potatoes into rounds, and put half the slices on the bottom of an oiled baking dish.
- 4Fill with the mixture. Fry or microwave the fakin' bakin. Cover with the remaining potatoes. Mix the remaining 2 cloves of crushed garlic with a little bit of oil and spread over the potatoes.
- 5Sprinkle with paprika.
- 6Bake at 325F for about 20 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, bake a few minutes more. Serve immediately.
- 8Variations: Use basil or cilantro instead of dill.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Russian Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 33.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white kidney beans