Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This fast and easy pizza appetizer is made with sliced Italian bread onions, garlic, bacon and mozzarella cheese.
- 10 slices hickory smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium loaf Italian bread, sliced (20 slices)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh garlic, crushed
- 20 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (1/8th-inch thick)
- Cook bacon until golden, drain on paper towels, let cool then crumble.
- Set bacon aside.
- Place bread on cookie sheet.
- Layer with onion, garlic, crumbled bacon and top with thick slice of mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Very easy and so quick. I used thick pieces of Italian bread, but I used sliced tomato as well. I only had grated mossarella but it worked very well. Loved these for a quick and easy meal and so tasty. Thanks for a great recipe Lainey, I will be making these again for a quick lunch or light dinner very soon.