Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Mom's Spiral Recipe Notebook
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 3 tablespoons white Karo
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut (fine)
- Stir until starts to boil.
- Boil until forms a soft ball.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add coconut and vanilla.
- Note: You may substitute the 1/2 cup of milk & 1/2 cup cream with 1.5 cups milk and 1/8 stick of butter.
- Note: recipe called for "undiluted Carnation cream;" I have selected Carnation Evaporated Milk in its place.