White Fudge (Opera Fudge)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Oil a jelly roll pan OR an 8 x 8 pan.
- Combine the sugar, cream and salt in a 3 quart heavy pot, stirring to blend well
- Place over medium heat and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Cover and let boil for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Uncover and wash down the sides of the pot with a pastry brush dipped in cold water
- Continue to boil over medium heat, WITHOUT STIRRING, until the syrup reaches the soft ball stage (234F)
- Remove the pot to a cooling rack and let cool to lukewarm (110F) WITHOUT STIRRING.
- Add the vanilla, whip until creamy, then spread in the oiled pan.
- To keep it creamy, cover the top of the candy with a damp cloth or paper towel for at least 30 minutes.
- Uncover, let set until firm and cut into squares.
- Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews