Recipe by Stephanie Z.
Most white clam sauces have butter in them, but a healthier (and just as tasty!) option is to simply use a little bit of olive oil and the clam juice in the can. You'll love this recipe just as much as those butter laden ones, or at least I do. Clams are high in iron too!
Top Review by spooty3
This was pretty nice. I made it exactly as written, using a small yellow onion and 3 cloves of garlic. I sauteed the onion on medium-low heat, and the final simmer was for the full 10 minutes. I served it over a pound of cooked linguine for 2 big dinners. Enjoyed it!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic. If you don't have a garlic press, chop it finely. I love garlic and usually use 3 cloves, but you may only want two.
- Add in remaining ingredients and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over linguine or your favorite pasta.