Linguine with White Clam Sauce
This is sure to please all the clam (and pasta!) lovers at home.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup minced clams, and their liquor
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 lbs fresh clams
- 1 lb linguine, cooked until al dente
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Heat 2 tblsps of the olive oil and the butter in a saucepan.
- Saute 3 garlic cloves until soft, but not browned.
- Add ½ cup wine, minced clams, flour and mix well.
- Add cream and cook on low heat until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile heat remaining 2 tblsps olive oil and add whole clams and garlic.
- Add remaining wine and steam until open.
- Toss cooked linguine with cream sauce, top with whole clams, sprinkle minced parsley over generously.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OMG, we loved this. I did do the steaming of the clams first, took the out and covered them with foil, them preceded with the recipe from step one. I seasoned with salt and pepper then kicked it up with a splash of lemon and a sprinkle of cayenne, this recipe hit the spot for my craving for linguini and clam sauce, absolutely delightful!1Reply
see 2 more