Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Found this on "Happy Love Strawberry"'s blog. (http://happylovestrawberry.blogspot.com) It looked delicious so I'm reposting it here for everybody else to try out here on Zaar. She credits this recipe as, "Recipe adapted from The People's Cookbook, as seen in Good Food magazine (July 07)." Cook time is set time.
For the base
- 85 g digestive biscuits, crushed (Americans, graham crackers. I usually use 100g of each for the base cause I like a little bit more)
- 85 g ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 85 g butter, melted
For the filling
- 500 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50 g butter
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 500 g full fat soft cheese
- 50 g caster sugar
- 175 ml whipping cream
- 225 g punnet fresh raspberries, plus extra
- fresh raspberry, to decorate
- For the base, combine biscuits & butter, then press into the base of a 23cm (9.5") springform tin.
- For the filling, put the chocolate, butter and vanilla pod in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 20-second bursts to melt it. Allow to cool slightly.
- In another bowl, mix the soft cheese, sugar and whipping cream til smooth.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the chocolate mixture and stir the chocolate into the cream. Gently stir in raspberries with a spatula, then spoon on top of the base, smooth carefully, and leave in the fridge to set (8-24 hours).
- Remove from tin and decorate with raspberries to serve.