Recipe by HeatherFeather
A very pretty holiday candy that is very easy to prepare, but with lovely results. Adapted from Family Fun magazine. Serving size will vary greatly depending upon how many pieces you break the candy into.
- 12 ounces quality white chocolate (such as Ghirardelli)
- 1⁄3 cup crushed candy cane, plus an extra
- 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9x13" baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Break up the white chocolate into small pieces and melt in either a double boiler set over simmering water, or in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Do not let the chocolate burn!
- Remove from heat and stir in the 1/3 cup of crushed candy canes.
- Immediately pour this mixture into the prepared pan and spread spoon with a rubber spatula, leaving a 1/2" border around the edge of the pan.
- Don't worry if it doesn't look perfectly shaped, but try to get it as evenly flattened as possible.
- Melt semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Drizzle the melted semisweet chocolate all over the surface of the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of crushed candy canes.
- Set in the fridge until it firms up- this only takes a short time (about 15 minutes or so).
- Cut or break the bark into serving pieces.
- Jagged edges are ok.
- These will look nice wrapped in plastic tin and tied with pink& white curling ribbon to give as holiday treats.