White Chocolate Bark With Pistachios and Dried Cranberries
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-proof glass bowl, uncovered, & melt it in that appliance on 50% power, starting with 1 minute, then stirring & adding 20- to 30-second increments until completely melted. BE SURE TO WATCH IT CAREFULLY ~ Once it is totally melted, proceed.
- Add nuts & berries, stirring to combine, then spread this mixture to the thickness desired on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes, then remove the tray & let it set in a cool place.
- When completely cooled, cut or break into pieces & store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I should have rated this recipe sooner. I made this candy for Christmas gifts and it was a big hit with everyone. It was my first attempt at White Chocolate Bark, and if I say so myself, it was wonderful! I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips and found a pistachio-dried cranberry blend at Fresh Market. Delicious, Easy, and Fast!!! Thanks, Alan
This took no time to make and I left it overnight to harden. It's still kind of soft but that's the nature of some white chocolate. My son really likes this but he has a sweeter tooth than I do! I left the pistachios whole but I think I would give them a rough chop next time as Jubes mentioned. Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Syd! :)
This was my first attempt at bark and I was surprised at how easy it is! The cranberry/pistachio combo was just perfect; the tart cranberry with the salty nuts and sweet chocolate is absolutely delicious! I doubled the batch so that there was plenty to send home with friends and family after Thanksgiving. Thanks for posting this keeper!
* Reviewed for Recipe Swap in the Aussie NZ Forum April 2010 * So easy and tasted divine. I gave the nuts and cranberries a rough chop. Recipe came together in less than 5 minutes. Would be great wrapped in clear cello with some ribbons for a gift. Definitely worth using a good quality white chocolate for this recipe. Photo also to be posted